Business Objects Books
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0: The Complete Reference 3rd Edition (by Cindi Howson)
- Business Objects: BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI V3.1 (by Rober Schmidt)
Data Warehousing Books
- The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Dimensional Modeling (Second Edition). (by Ralph Kimball and Margy Ross)
An excellent reference guide, particularly more so as scenarios are played out in various contexts – retail, insurance, etc. I have used this book several times and have found it incredibly useful. No surprise that I see this book on the desk at several client sites.
- Data Warehousing: Using the Wal-Mart Model (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems). (by Paul Westerman)
This is an interesting book written by one of the architects of the Wal-Mart Data Warehouse. He describes his initial design and it’s subsequent phenomenal growth. A real eye opener and a useful guide in implementing warehouses.
- The Microsoft Data Warehouse Toolkit: With SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Toolset. (by Joy Mundy, Warren Thornthwaite and Ralph Kimball)
A useful book, particularly if you are working with or implementing solutions using SQL Server and Microsoft BI tools.
- Mastering Data Warehouse Design: Relational and Dimensional Techniques. (by Claudia Imhoff, Nicholas Galemmo and Jonathan G. Geiger)
This book provides a thorough grounding in Data Warehouse design. Slightly different principles to the Kimball design, but useful nonetheless.
- The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit. (by Ralph Kimball, Margy Ross, Warren Thornthwaite, Joy Mundy and Bob Becker)
An excellent book written by Kimball et. al. Ideally suited to those that need to plan and manage a data warehouse project.
- Building the Data Warehouse. (by W.H.Inmon)
Disclaimer: These are affiliate links to Amazon, and if you purchase any of these books via these links, I will earn a small commission.