While I haven’t yet been able to get my hands on XI 3.1, I did recently have an opportunity to view a presentation on the new features of XI 3.1. I took down the following notes. Hopefully, they will be of use to readers of this blog:
- Improved integration with Microsoft environment
- Broader data access:
- Databases: HP Neoview 2.3, SQL Server 2008, Netezza, Oracle 11g, Teradata 12
- O/S: HP-UX Itanium (using a new 64 bit BI platform architecture, suitable for high end BOE deployments. (Deski not or Business View Manager didn’t make it to 64 bit. All other apps are 64bit), Red Hat 5, Windows Server 2008, Vista sp1
- Greater integration with SAP environment
- New integration solution for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Easier self discovery in Voyager
- Live Ofice enhancements
- Microsoft Sharepoint integration
- Choice of 32 or 64 bit BI platform architecture
- Life cycle content management(replace import wizard)
- Support for IP Next Generation
- Global reach – 18 languages including 4 new ones
The main point appears to be the improved integration with the Microsoft platform, leveraging the MS stack by including native .NET support for Infoview, Webi and Deski. This will be good new for Microsoft ‘shops’.
I hope to put a bit more flesh on this once I get hold of XI 3.1 on a development machine.